2015 Reports | Alberta Open
April 11, 2015
My name is Catherine and I am 14 years old. On April 11, my family and I went to the Alberta Open Karate Championships in Edmonton. I didn’t know what to expect because this was the first time that I went to a tournament outside of Calgary. The tournament was held at Vimy Ridge Academy. As soon as I got there, I was overflowing with excitement because I was competing at a provincial level. The draws were posted up later and I was moved to the 16 years boys group for knockdown. But I had fun because there were three competitors and I had the bye. So in the end, I had a fun match with George from Calgary. The knockdown 4-6 year olds were so cute because one kid fell down and he was like a turtle on its shell and couldn’t get up. Michelle was braiding all of the girls’ hair before their kata’s or fights. And everyone was cheering on each other. Everyone fought well and did their kata’s amazing. I can’t wait to come next year!
- May 3: May Newsletter
- April 16: Members room updated
- March 28: Member's room updated
- March 26: April Newsletter
- March 2: March Newsletter
- February 5: Tying your belt Video added to Members page.
- February 1: February Newsletter
- December 29: January Newsletter
- December 28: KYOKUSHIN ONLINE (click to access new Kata Videos)
- November 25: December Newsletter